Saturday, March 13, 2010

Starting out

i have a deviantart and i use tegakie, but im thinking maybe i should make something more formal to give my art more of a focus.

i'm currently studying vilppu, loomis heads, basic composition and perspective, and making forms "3-d" with core shadows etc. a lot of what i do is direct studies from photographs, and when i have free time i do character design. i base a lot (okay, all...) my characters off of pokemon, using the monster as a basis for how they'll look and act.

to start off, here's a bulbasaur chick i made recently.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mokou,

    Just wanted to say that your blog is awesome ! I even added it to my bloglist to be inspired and keep working to get better at drawing. You have such a dedication...

    I see you visit Rad's How To blog and the Temple of the Seven Golden Camels : I know those blog too, they are just pure gold !!

    Good luck with your art, and keep at it !

    (sorry for the English, I am french ^^)

    ReplyDelete